Like all classic Italian pasta dishes, the origin of all’ Amatriciana is up for debate. But we have big amore for this Roman take with tomato-y sauce studded with pancetta, onion, and a pinch of heat.
|Kitchen Time:||20 minutes|
|Allergens:||eggs, wheat, milk|
|Pairs Great With:||Cold Brew Tiramisu|
Your kit includes:
- K&M X Ethan Stowell at Home Fresh Bucatini
- K&M Pomodoro Sauce*
- K&M Signature Salad Mix*
- K&M Marinated Artichokes*
- K&M Pickled Red Onion*
- K&M Shaved Parmesan
- Chili Flakes
*Already made for you!
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
1) Peel and mince half the onion, then set aside.
2) Bring a large pot of salted water (it should taste like the sea!) to a robust boil.
3) Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cubed pancetta and a pinch of chili flakes (trust your own heat tolerance!) and sauté until golden. Add onion to the pan and cook until translucent, scraping up any browned bits.
4) Add the pomodoro sauce to the pan and reduce heat to a simmer.
5) Add bucatini to boiling water. This is a fresh, artisanal pasta so it will cook in about 4-5 minutes. Boil the pasta until it is cooked al dente (a slight chewy bite in the middle).
6) While the pasta cooks, quickly toss together the salad mix with marinated artichokes and pickled red onion. Dress with your very best olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
7) When ready, transfer the pasta to the sauce, along with ¼ cup of the pasta water.
8) Toss the noodles in the sauce until well coated then serve with a generous sprinkle of parmesan.
K&M Pomodoro Sauce (tomatoes, onion, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, sugar, oregano, sea salt, chili flake), K&M X Ethan Stowell at Home Fresh Bucatini (semolina, eggs, water), K&M Signature Salad Mix (romaine, arugula), K&M Marinated Artichokes (artichoke hearts, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, sea salt), K&M Pickled Red Onion (red onion, distilled vinegar, red wine vinegar, water, sugar, sea salt).