A classic pad thai tossed with fresh veggies and tofu or chicken that we’ve already roasted for you. This dinner comes together faster than ordering takeout and is even more delicious!
|Kitchen Time:||30 minutes|
K&M Spicy “Noodle” Sauce
K&M Roasted Tofu or Roasted Chicken Breast
K&M Peppers & Onions
K&M Thai Peanut Sauce
- Vegetable Oil
1) In a large bowl, pour steaming hot water over the rice noodles. Allow to sit for 10 minutes, then drain and toss with ¼ cup of spicy “noodle” sauce. Set aside.
2) Cube tofu or chicken into bite-sized pieces. Cut lime into wedges. Slice scallions on the diagonal. Roughly chop cilantro using some of the stem, the most flavorful part! Crush or chop the peanuts.
Chef’s Tip: To quickly crush nuts, use the bottom of a drinking glass or turn your chef’s knife on its side and apply pressure to the blade with the heel of your hand.
3) If using eggs, crack into a dish and whisk to combine.
4) Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large non-stick sauté pan or wok over medium high heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook until just tender and beginning to brown. Toss in tofu or chicken to warm.
5) Push veggies and tofu to the side of the pan, add a splash more oil and scramble the eggs until just-set.
6) Quickly add the noodles to the pan along with ¼ cup more of the ginger scallion sauce and half of the peanut sauce. Toss to combine (tongs work great here!).
7) Transfer to a serving dish and top with peanuts, herbs, with lots of lime wedges on the side.
Rice Noodles (rice flour, water), K&M Spicy “Noodle” Sauce (tamari, sugar, ginger, garlic, canola oil, fresh chili paste, sesame oil, sesame seeds), K&M Lemongrass Tofu (tofu, k+m ginger scallion sauce [tamari, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, water, scallions, garlic, ginger], lemongrass, turmeric, ginger), K&M Peppers & Onions (red and yellow bell peppers, red and yellow onions), K&M Thai Peanut Sauce (peanut butter, tamari, sesame oil, tahini, sugar, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, fresh chili paste),.
egg, peanuts, soy, sesame