Earthy mushrooms studded with bright herbs make for an umami-rich winter version of our risotto! Fantastic as a gluten free, vegetarian entrée or a perfect pairing for roasted meats.
|Kitchen Time:||30 minutes|
|Pairs Great With:||Cold Brew Tiramisu|
Your kit includes:
- K&M Cortina's Risotto Starter*
- K&M Garlic Parmesan Compound Butter*
- Button Mushrooms (due to limited supply we were not able to secure the mushroom medley shown in the photograph)
- K&M Shaved Parmesan
*Already made for you!
- Peel and finely mince shallots. Brush any excess dirt off mushrooms and cut into ½ inch pieces.
- Pick parsley leaves from stems and roughly chop. Set aside for garnish.
- In a large pan over medium heat melt 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, then add your minced shallot and cook through. Remove mixture from pan and set aside.
- Without cleaning the pan, pour in the risotto base break apart with a wooden spoon. Add ½ cup white wine or water and bring to a simmer until the liquid is almost absorbed.
- Then add 1 cup of water and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Chef’s Tip: If you like your risotto more al dente, start with ½ cup of water and add more according to your taste.
- Turn heat off and stir in 3-4 Tbsp compound butter. Fold in half of the mushrooms and any juice they released to the pan. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with ½ cup parmesan, remaining mushrooms, and parsley. Serve and enjoy!
K&M Cortina’s Risotto Starter (arborio rice, water, onion, butter, garlic), K&M Garlic Parmesan Compound Butter (butter, parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, sea salt, cayenne pepper).