This meal features spice-rubbed flank steak, cumin seasoned pinto beans, and fresh grilled vegetables splashed with tart lime, accompanied by Mexican street corn inspired Elote.
|Kitchen Time:||45 minutes|
K&M Flank Steak
Mini Bell Peppers
K&M Gochujang Aioli
K&M Seasoned Pinto Beans
1) Prep your produce! Slice the limes into 4 quarters. Trim and peel red onion and slice into large rings. Shuck corn husks off the cob, then rinse under cool water to remove any silk. Trim the very end of the cilantro, then chop.
Chef’s Tip: cilantro has the same fresh flavor from stem to leaf – use the whole thing!
2) Place your steak, sliced onions, peppers, and corn on a sheet pan, drizzle with vegetable oil and season with salt.
FOR OUTDOOR GRILLING:
3) Preheat your grill to high (500ºF). Ensure the grill is clean and wipe the grates with a lightly oiled paper towel to prevent sticking.
4) Place the steak and all veggies on the grill. Grill steak for 4-6 minutes on each side. We like to remove the steak at 125ºF for medium-rare. Allow the veggies to get a bit of char, then flip to get some nice grill marks. The onions and peppers will cook in a few minutes, allow about 10 minutes for the ears of corn.
FOR INDOOR COOKING:
5) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (it should taste like the sea!). For an extra flavor boost, we recommend adding 1 Tbsp of sugar to the water. Preheat a cast iron skillet with 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat.
6) Boil corn for about five minutes for tender (not mushy!) kernels. Pulling out a cob to taste a few kernels is a great idea to check doneness.
7) Char the onions and peppers in the skillet in a single layer – you may need to work in batches. Turn once for even cooking then remove from pan and set aside.
8) Add the steak to the skillet and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side. We like to remove the steak at 125ºF for medium-rare.
5) After the steak has rested, slice against the grain.
6) Brush the corn with aioli using a pastry brush or butter knife. Sprinkle the corn with half the cilantro and all of the cotija over a plate – it can get messy!
7) Warm pinto beans in microwave until steamy.
8) Portion the beans onto the plate, then add the grilled vegetables, street corn, and sliced steak. Offer lime wedges tableside so everyone gets a good citrusy squeeze!
K&M Fajita Skirt Steak (St. Helens skirt steak, salt, onion powder, cumin, smoked paprika, coriander, garlic powder, cayenne), K&M Gochujang Aioli (mayonnaise, rice vinegar, canola oil, gochujang chili paste, sugar), Cotija (milk, sea salt, enzymes, cellulose powder), K&M Seasoned Pinto Beans (pinto beans, onion, garlic, canola oil, cumin, sea salt).
eggs, wheat, soy