This ghoulish dessert is a fun activity for kids of all ages during the spookiest season of all! Our chocolate cake mix is devilishly delicious when layered with dark chocolate buttercream frosting, our Halloween themed sprinkles, and creepy gummy candies!
|Kitchen Time:||30 minutes|
- K&M The Best Chocolate Cake Mix
- K&M Dark Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Gummy Candy
- Cupcake Liners
4 sticks Unsalted Butter
1) Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare 1 cup of boiling water. Pop liners into cupcake pans.
2) Place dry cake mix into a large mixing bowl.
3) Whisk in 2 eggs, 1 cup buttermilk, and ½ cup vegetable oil.
4) Carefully add boiling water and whisk vigorously until smooth. Note: this is a thin batter, don’t be worried if it looks runny!
5) Bake on the middle rack for 18 minutes until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
6) While the cupcakes bake, prepare the frosting! Whisk frosting mix with 4 sticks (½ pound) of softened butter and 2 Tbsp milk.
7) When the cupcakes have cooled, have fun decorating with the frosting, sprinkles, and gummy candies!