The classic niçoise salad gets a PNW upgrade with wild salmon. We love all the toppings, but this is an easy one to adjust according to your tastes!
|Kitchen Time:||15 minutes|
- K&M Signature Salad Mix
- K&M Market Vinaigrette
- K&M Roasted Salmon (about 4 oz per person)
- K&M Shortcut Potatoes
- K&M Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Haricot Verts or Green Beans
- Kalamata Olives
1) Quickly blanch haricot vert in heavily salted water until “tender crisp” or cheat and use your microwave with a microwave safe bowl and a little water in it. Simply cover with a plate and microwave 2-4 minutes on high until beans are tender-crisp.
2) Place the bag of signature salad mix in a serving bowl.
3) Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Peel and wedge four hard-boiled eggs and top them with a small sprinkle of tuxedo salt. Dice or wedge 1- 2 shortcut potatoes per person (your preference) and sprinkle with tuxedo salt. Drain brine from ¼ cup kalamata olives. Set each of these salad goodies on the salad - we love piling each component on the salad in separate areas for a beautiful presentation but feel free to just pile on!
5) Flake the roasted salmon into large hunks and add atop the rest of the salad goodies.
6) Serve tableside with market vinaigrette on the side for everyone to dress as desired.
Chef’s Tip: When we’re feeling fancy and want our salad to be restaurant-worthy, we toss the salad greens and dressing in the bowl and season with tuxedo salt first before layering on all the salad toppings. That way the salad is perfectly dressed and looks gorgeous!