We love these open face meatball subs for game day snacking or just Monday night family dinner. And even better, the meatballs are already cooked so these can be ready in less than 20 minutes!
|Type:||Dinner or Snack!|
|Kitchen Time:||20 minutes|
- K&M Italian Meatballs
- K&M Pomodoro Sauce
- K&M Garlic Parmesan Butter
- Shredded Mozzarella (8-12 oz)
- K&M Ciabatta Loaf or Hoagie Rolls
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy clean-up.
- Heat about 2 cups of the pomodoro sauce and Italian meatballs together on stovetop until hot. We suggest a lid to minimize splatters! (Or feel free to microwave).
- Gently soften the garlic parmesan butter in the microwave until smearable.
- Slice the ciabatta loaf through the middle (think hamburger bun!) and then reserve half for another use. Smear heavily with garlic parmesan butter. Place open faced on a sheet pan and bake for about 5 minutes, until golden and toasty.
- Layer the hot meatballs, some sauce and then desired amount of cheese on ciabatta.
- Return to the oven and broil until cheese is bubbling and starting to brown. Remove meatball sammie from oven and slice into wedges.
- Serve open faced with extra sauce, a knife and fork. Oh, and lots of napkins!