This braised chicken will make your home smell divine! Our richly spiced pomegranate braising base reduces down into a shiny glaze that pairs perfectly with this currant-studded pilaf and a peppery fennel, citrus and arugula salad. A perfect bright spot for a cloudy spring day!
|Kitchen Time:||50 minutes|
|Allergens:||Tree nuts, Soy|
|Pairs Great With:||Chili Chocolate Mousse|
Your kit includes:
- K&M Market Chicken Leg Quarters
- K&M Pomegranate Braising Base*
- K&M Classic Rice Pilaf
- K&M Market Vinaigrette*
*Already made for you!
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- White Wine (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2) In a dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, sear chicken in 2 Tbsp olive oil until nicely browned, then remove from the pan.
3) Deglaze the pan with ½ cup white wine or water. Arrange the chicken back into the pot and cover with the braising base. Roast uncovered in the oven for 30-45 minutes.
4) Prepare the pilaf (with shallot) according to the instructions provided on the bag. When ready, stir in orange zest and currants with the water.
5) Meanwhile, finely zest half of the orange and pick any feathery fronds from the fennel, setting aside for garnish.
6) Trim the tops and base from the fennel and thinly slice the bulb. Supreme the orange into rounds or segments. Chill in the fridge until ready to build the salad.
Chef Tip: to learn how to supreme an orange, scan the QR code on the back for a how-to video from our friend, Chef Ethan Stowell!
7) When the chicken is tender and pulls from the bone, remove from the pot and reduce the liquid over medium-low heat until the sauce is thickened.
8) Toss the arugula with the oranges, fennel, pistachios, and desired amount of dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
9) Serve the chicken over the pilaf garnished with fennel fronds and the salad on the side. Enjoy!
K&M Market Chicken Leg Quarters (draper farms chicken, sea salt, pepper, thyme), K&M Pomegranate Braising Base (chicken stock [chicken, salt, soy protein, natural flavors] pomegranate molasses, sugar, spices), K&M Classic Rice Pilaf (basmati rice, spices, sea salt), K&M Market Vinaigrette (red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed oil, garlic, sea salt, black pepper).