Thick authentic tomato sauce, sweet Italian sausage, and fresh rigatoni topped off with kale, pangratatto and plenty of parmesan cheese. This is going to be a weeknight favorite!
|Kitchen Time:||40 minutes|
K&M Market Salad
- K&M Fresh Rigatoni (1 lb.)
- Italian Sausage (3 links)
- K&M Pomodoro Sauce (1 jar)
- K&M Baby Kale (5 oz)
- Shaved Parmesan (1 cup)
- K&M Lemon Pangratatto
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Chili Flakes (Optional)
- Bring a large pot of very salted water (we recommend 2 Tbsp of salt per gallon of water!) to a robust boil. Turn down to a simmer until you are ready to boil the pasta.
- Slice Italian sausages in half lengthwise then into 1” long pieces.
- In a large, heavy bottomed pot, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil. Add the sausage and cook, breaking up slightly, for a few minutes until browned. Add ½ tsp red pepper flakes if you like it spicy!
- Add all the pomodoro sauce and continue to cook, stirring to meld flavors, until the sausage is cooked through.
- Add baby kale to the sauce and stir to wilt. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and keep warm while your pasta cooks.
- Add fresh rigatoni to boiling water. This is a fresh, artisanal pasta so it will cook in about 3-4 minutes. Boil the pasta until it is cooked al dente (a slight chewy bite in the middle) then strain water and transfer pasta immediately to the sauce. Stir carefully and cook a few more minutes in the sauce to meld the flavors.
- Transfer to a serving dish or serve directly from the pot and garnish with the lemon pangratatto (use as much or as little as you like!) and a generous amount of shaved parmesan!
Ingredients: Rigatoni (semolina, water, egg), Italian Sausage (pork, salt, spices), Pomodoro Sauce (tomatoes, onion, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, sugar, oregano, sea salt, chili flakes), Lemon Pangrattato (panko, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, parsley, lemon zest, chili flake, garlic)