In our eyes, there is no wrong time of day for this saucy Mediterranean dish! Eggs gently cooked in spiced tomato sauce are sprinkled with feta and scooped up with toasty flatbread for a fun family-style meal!
|Kitchen Time:||35 minutes|
|Allergens:||milk, eggs, wheat|
|Pairs Great With:||Chili Chocolate Mousse|
Your kit includes:
- K&M Pomodoro Sauce*
- K&M Roasted Pepper Relish*
- K&M Mediterranean Spice Mix*
- Feta Cheese
- Flat Bread
*Already made for you!
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) Peel and thinly slice the onion into half-moons. Peel and mince 1-2 cloves of garlic.
3) Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil over medium heat in a large ovenproof skillet. Add onion, garlic, and 1.5 Tbsp spice mix. Sauté until onions are soft and lightly browned and your kitchen smells amazing!
4) Add the pomodoro sauce and the roasted pepper relish to the pan and stir to combine.
5) Once bubbling, make small wells in the sauce with the back of a spoon and crack an egg into each well (don’t worry if this doesn’t look perfect - it will still taste delicious!) Season eggs with salt and pepper.
7) Sprinkle desired amount of feta cheese on top.
8) Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until the egg whites are just set about 10-15 minutes (or longer if you like your egg yolks less runny). You can warm the flat bread in the oven at the same time!
9) Toss arugula with lemon juice and a drizzle of your best olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Chef’s Tip: Get your trivet ready! Shakshuka is best served out of the skillet with flat bread on the side to scoop up all the sauce.
K&M Mediterranean Spice Mix (sea salt, aleppo pepper, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, black pepper, onion, cinnamon, citric acid), K&M Pomodoro Sauce (tomatoes, onion, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, sugar, oregano, sea salt, chili flakes), K&M Roasted Pepper Relish (roasted red peppers, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, niçoise olives, castelvetrano olives, fresh parsley, fresh chives, garlic, orange zest, sea salt, chili flake).