We’ve taken the long and slow part of this feast out, so you simply reheat the corned beef while cooking the vegetables and baking up our easy soda bread! Of course, our classic chocolate mousse is getting a Bailey’s twist to celebrate!
|Kitchen Time:||60 minutes|
|Allergens:||milk, egg, wheat, soy|
|Pairs Great With:||Included with the feast!|
Your kit includes:
- K&M Corned Beef
- K&M Brisket Braising Liquid*
- K&M Brisket Spices
- Savoy Cabbage
- K&M Horseradish Cream*
- K&M Soda Bread Mix
- Salted Irish Butter*
- K&M Bailey's Chocolate Mousse*
*Already made for you!
- All Purpose Flour
- Salt & Pepper
Soda Bread Instructions:
1) Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a sheet pan with provided parchment. Set your salted Irish butter out to come to room temperature for easy spreading!
2) In a large bowl, combine the bread mix and buttermilk with a spoon until a soft dough forms. Turn out and knead a few times on a floured surface. Form a ball and transfer to the sheet pan.
3) With a sharp knife, cut two 1 inch deep slits into the bread forming an X.
4) Bake for 15 minutes at 375ºF, then lower the oven temperature to 350ºF and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the loaf is golden brown and has a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom.
5) Serve with plenty of soft salted Irish butter!
Main Event Instructions:
1) Rinse your potatoes and carrots, trimming off any green parts. Remove the outer leaves of the cabbage and cut into four or six wedges, keeping the core intact. Rinse and pick parsley leaves, roughly chop, and set aside for garnish.
Chef’s Tip: The best way to do this is cut the cabbage in half then place the flat side on your cutting board and cut the wedges while staring straight at the core, so each wedge has a bit of core to hold it together.
2) Place corned beef in a large pot or dutch oven. Place the potatoes around it and cover with the braising liquid, bring to a simmer. Add the carrots and cabbage, return to simmer, and cook until the potatoes and carrots are tender when pricked with a knife and the brisket is warmed through, about 20-30 minutes.
3) Remove the brisket from the pot and slice across the grain.
4) Arrange everything beautifully on a platter and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with the horseradish cream on the side.
5) Don’t forget to finish the meal by sharing our Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
K&M Corned Beef (salt, pickling spices [bay, mustard, fennel, allspice, clove, chili]), K&M Brisket Braising Liquid (beef broth, salt, pickling spices), K&M Soda Bread Mix (all-purpose flour, currants, baking soda, salt, sugar), K&M Horseradish Cream (sour cream, mayonnaise, prepared horseradish, chives, salt), K&M Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse (cream, bittersweet chocolate, egg yolk, sugar, irish cream).