There’s no better way to celebrate the end of summer than with a huge barbecue feast with all the fixins’! This meat-and-three features all of our summer cookout favorites plus freshly made biscuits!
Type: Complete Dinner Servings: 4 servings Kitchen Time: Ribs 2½ hours, Chicken 90 minutes
In your Kit:
Frozen Biscuit Mix
BBQ Rubbed Spareribs OR Chicken Leg Quarters
K&M Mac & Cheese
K&M Classic Coleslaw Mix
K&M San Juan Island Dressing
K&M Garlic Parmesan Compound Butter
- Stone Fruit Crumble
All Purpose Flour
- Salt & Pepper
Chef’s Note: For extra flakey biscuits, keep both the dry mix and the buttermilk in the fridge until just before you prepare the biscuits!
- Preheat oven to 475ºF. Lightly oil or line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Pull the biscuit mix and buttermilk out of the fridge and pour both into a large mixing bowl. Mix with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead 4-5 times until the dough comes together. Shape into an 8 inch square and cut into nine biscuits.
- Place biscuits on the prepared baking sheet an inch apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes until they are golden brown. Cool on a rack while preparing dinner and serve with butter.
Chef’s Note: We love ribs that fall off the bone and have found that slow cooking them in the oven and finishing them on the grill is our favorite method. If you are a grill master and have your own special method, by all means, follow your heart!
1) Preheat your oven to 275ºF.
2) Place spareribs in a single layer in a deep roasting pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Cook for 1.5-2 hours until they reach your desired tenderness. Drain all liquid from the pan.
3) Preheat your grill to 500ºF, or medium-high. Slather ribs with our house made barbecue sauce and grill for a few minutes on each side until the sauce is caramelized. Place on a platter and serve with remaining sauce on the side.
MAC & CHEESE:
1) Preheat oven to 375ºF. Remove lid of mac & cheese and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Chef’s Note: Flipping the chicken pieces often and moving them around the grill keeps them from burning. If you are a grill master and have your own special method, by all means, follow your heart!
1) Preheat your grill to 400ºF, medium heat. Keep one gas burner turned to low or set up the coals for indirect heat.
2) Place the chicken on the hot side of the grill and cook for about 15 minutes, tending frequently and turning often to avoid flare ups.
3) When the skin starts to crisp and darken, move the legs to the cooler side of the grill and let them cook for another 15-20 minutes, keeping a close eye on them to ensure even cooking and browning. When ready, serve on a platter with barbecue sauce on the side.
ALL THE VEGGIES:
Chef's Note: We love fresh summer corn simply boiled and served with our delicious garlic parmesan butter - but it’s also great grilled. If you choose to grill, we recommend boiling for a minute or two, then finishing on the grill for another few minutes to get that great char!
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (it should taste like the sea!). For an extra flavor boost, we recommend adding 1 Tbsp of sugar to the water.
2) While the water comes to a boil, prepare the coleslaw. Toss the cabbage slaw mix with desired amount of dressing and season with salt and pepper. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
2) Shuck corn husks and rinse cobs under cool water to remove any remaining silk.
3) Boil corn for about five minutes for tender (not mushy!) kernels. Pulling out a cob to taste a few kernels is a great idea to check doneness.
4) Remove corn from the pot, shake off excess water, and place on a serving platter. Slice the garlic parmesan compound butter and place on the cobs to melt. Serve hot or at room temperature and don’t be shy about rolling your corn in the pooled butter!
STONE FRUIT CRUMBLE:
Follow the recipe card included in the dessert bag!
Frozen Biscuit Mix (flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt), BBQ Rubbed Spareribs (ribs, BBQ Rub [brown sugar, smoked paprika, black pepper, sea salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne]), BBQ Chicken (chicken hindquarters, BBQ Rub [brown sugar, smoked paprika, black pepper, sea salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne]), Barbecue Sauce (), K&M Mac & Cheese (pasta, milk, cheddar cheese, american cheese, water, cream cheese, butter, flour, tabasco, onion powder, sea salt, black pepper TOPPING: panko, parmesan cheese, butter, olive oil, garlic, parsley, black pepper), K&M Classic Coleslaw Mix (red and green cabbage, carrots), K&M San Juan Island Dressing (mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, mustard, sugar, shallot, sea salt, black pepper), K&M Garlic Parmesan Compound Butter (butter, parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, sea salt, cayenne pepper),
milk, tree nuts, wheat