Herb & Citrus Stuffed Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Position the rack in the center of the oven.
- In a baking dish, arrange the rustic croutons on the bottom, with the chicken, breast side up, resting on top. Drizzle everything with olive oil. Roast until a thermometer registers 155°F - 160ºF when inserted in the thickest part of the thigh - about 60-80 minutes. When done, transfer to a cutting board, and allow to rest before carving. (It will continue to come to temperature - 165ºF).
Chef’s Tip: The goal is to have the chicken cover as many croutons as possible without burning – this will give you the most flavorful schmaltzy stuffing. If you have a ton of croutons not covered by the chicken, add a few strips of foil over the croutons to ensure they don’t burn.
- While the chicken is roasting, chop some of the parsley from the herb bouquet.
- Toss the juicy croutons with parsley directly in the dish, letting all those amazing roasting juices soak in!
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and garnish with sprigs from the herb bouquet, and the schmaltzy crouton stuffing to a serving bowl.
Chef’s Note: Already have a favorite method for roasting a chicken? By all means, use that! Also, feel free to use our rustic croutons as a shortcut in your favorite stuffing recipe.
Brown Sugar Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pie dough into a 14-inch round. Transfer to a pie dish and crimp the edges. Refrigerate the pie shell while preparing your filling.
- Whisk 2 eggs in a medium-sized bowl. Add the pumpkin pie filling and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the prepared filling into the pie shell. Brush the crust edge lightly with water and sprinkle with finishing sugar.
- Bake on the middle rack for 10 minutes at 400ºF then reduce heat to 325ºF. Cook until the custard is set, and a knife gently poked into the filling comes out clean – about 25-35 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Allow the pie to cool before serving with whipped cream or reheat in the oven during dinner covered with foil.
The Best Part… Sides!
FANCY GREEN BEANS:
Chef’s Note: Make these last or right before prepping the table items as they only take a few minutes!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season generously with salt (it should taste like the sea!).
- Add green beans to water and cook for 3-5 minutes until tender-crisp. Immediately transfer to a mixing bowl using tongs or a slotted spoon, leaving behind as much water as possible and toss with compound butter to coat.
- Transfer to serving dish and top with toasted almonds and chili salt to taste (we recommend going light on the chili salt if you have little ones at the table!).
FOR THE TABLE:
- Warm gravy on the stovetop over medium heat or, in the microwave with the lid ajar until steamy.
- Remove the lid from the mashed potatoes and warm in the microwave until steamy or the oven loosely covered with foil at 400ºF for 30-45 minutes.
- Transfer cranberry sauce to a serving dish and garnish with orange zest.
- Warm rolls in the oven and serve with butter!
- Light the candles and pour the wine – you did it!
Ingredients & Allergens:
K&M Chicken: Dry Brine: salt, thyme, sage, rosemary, garlic poweder, nutmeg, pepper, chili powder; Inside Cavity: onion (halved) lemon (halved) thyme, rosemary, sage, bay
K&M Mashed Potatoes: Yukon Gold potatoes, Russett Potatoes, butter, milk, salt - topped with square of butter and sage stem. Allergens: Milk
K&M Turkey Gravy: Poultry Stock (chicken bones, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, peppercorn, thyme, bay), roasted turkey gizzards, hearts, livers, white wine, milk, flour, salt, pepper, chili. Allergens: Milk, Wheat.
K&M Rustic Croutons: Grand Central Bakery Como Loaf, Essential precut bread. Allergens: Wheat
K&M Fancy Green Beans: butter, shallot, garlic, chives, parsley, red wine vinegar, sea salt, pepper, K&M Chili Salt (maldon sea salt, espelette chili), K&M Toasted Slivered Almonds, K&M Everything Compound Butter (butter, shallot, red wine vinegar, garlic, parsley, chive, sea salt, black pepper). Allergens: Milk, Tree Nuts
K&M Cranberry Orange Sauce: Cranberries, Sugar, Water, Oranges, salt, star anise
K&M Fresh Herb Bouquet: Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Parsely
K&M Whipped Cream: cream, confectioners sugar. Allergens: Milk