This family-style feast is full of bright, fresh flavors and is a blast to assemble at the table! Whether you choose our ginger scallion chicken or lemongrass tofu, either is sure to be hit when served alongside rice noodles with our spicy noodle sauce, tasty mushrooms, lots of fresh herbs, Vietnamese pickles and ALL the sauces. Don't forget dessert -- we're serving this with our coconut panna cotta with spicy pineapple compote!
|Kitchen Time:||60 minutes|
In your Kit:
K&M Ginger Scallion Chicken Thighs OR K&M Lemongrass Tofu
K&M Spicy Noodle Sauce
Romaine Lettuce & Arugula (or Signature Salad Mix)
K&M Vietnamese Pickles
K&M Nuoc Cham
Shiitake & Crimini Mushrooms
K&M Ginger Scallion Sauce
K&M Coconut Panna Cotta
1) Wash and chop romaine into bite-size pieces. Wash and slice scallions. Chop cilantro (include some of the stems – the most flavorful part!). Pick mint leaves off of the stem. Toss romaine, scallions, mint, and cilantro in a large salad bowl. Set aside to chill in the fridge.
2) Place rice noodles in a large mixing bowl. Boil 2-3 quarts of water and pour over noodles to cover. Wait 2 minutes, then give it a gentle stir to loosen. Allow to sit for an additional 8 minutes, then strain out the water. Immediately toss with ½ cup of the spicy noodle sauce and set aside in the fridge until dinner is ready.
3) Slice Fresno chilis into thin rings and limes into wedges. Place in small garnish bowls for the table.
4) Place Vietnamese pickles, nước chấm, peanuts, and remaining spicy noodle sauce into serving dishes to be shared at the table.
1) Remove tough portion of the shiitake stems – kitchen shears work great here! Cut the shiitake and cremini mushrooms into 1-inch pieces.
2) Heat a nonstick skillet with 1-2 Tbs of vegetable oil over medium-high heat until shimmery. Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until almost tender.
3) Increase heat to high and add ¼-½ cup ginger scallion sauce. It should bubble and thicken within a minute. Remove from heat and dish mushrooms into a serving bowl to join the other toppings on the table. They taste great served at room temperature!
GINGER SCALLION CHICKEN:
1) Heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Sear chicken thighs for approximately 4-6 minutes on each side until cooked through to 165ºF. Slice transfer to a serving dish.
1) Line a sheet pan with foil for easy clean-up! Place lemongrass tofu on foil and drizzle any excess marinade over the top.
2) Broil tofu until browned and warmed through. Slice transfer to a serving dish.
1) No rules here – we like to layer greens, noodles, protein and all the toppings as desired and dig in!
2) Don’t forget the coconut panna cotta for dessert. Simply scoop portions as desired and enjoy!