A delicious combination of fall flavors – we love this served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
|Kitchen Time:||45-60 minutes|
K&M Whipped Cream!
K&M Pâte Brisée
K&M Magic Pie Spice
K&M Frangipane Topping
3 Large Apples
Fresh Ginger (1 inch knob)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pâte brisée into a circle, about 14” round. Carefully transfer to a pie dish and crimp edges. Refrigerate for 10 minutes while preparing your fruit.
- Core and slice apples into ½” slices (peeling optional!). Peel ginger and grate on a micro plane or box grater until you have 1-1 ½ Tbsp of grated ginger. Toss apples, ginger, and
½ cup of magic pie spice together until well coated.
- Transfer apple mixture to the pie shell (along with any juices or magic pie spice left at the bottom of the bowl) and cover evenly with the frangipane topping.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven until the crust and topping is golden and the liquid around the fruit is bubbling; about 45-60 minutes.
- Allow pie to cool slightly before serving with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Feeling fancy? Drizzle with salted caramel sauce, too!
Chef’s Tip: Don’t love the spiciness of fresh ginger? This works just as well without the ginger!