This is one of our most popular meals for the whole family. It is full of bright flavors, fun sides, and delicious sauces that come together quickly – the celery salad just needs a speedy chop, the ribs and baby bok choy head to the grill to char, and the rice simply needs to be warmed. Enjoy layering it all together!
Type: Complete Dinner Servings: 4 servings Kitchen Time: 45 minutes
In your Kit:
K&M Kalbi Short Ribs
Baby Bok Choy
K&M Sesame Vinaigrette
K&M Spicy Noodle Sauce
K&M Jasmine Rice
K&M Gochujang Aioli
K&M Coconut Panna Cotta
- Salt & Pepper
1) Preheat your grill to high heat (500ºF). Remove the ribs from packaging and gently pat dry with a paper towel. Place on a baking sheet, lightly brush with oil, and set aside.
2) Slice bok choy in half lengthwise and rinse well (dirt loves to hide between those layers!), then pat dry. Place bok choy along with whole scallions from the herb bundle on another baking sheet. Drizzle with 1-2 tsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
CELERY & HERB SALAD:
1) Thinly slice the celery at an angle including some of the leaves – the tastiest part! Place in a salad bowl. Thinly slice fresno chilis and add to the celery (or place in a side dish to garnish individually). Separate the leaves from the stems of the thai basil and mint and roughly chop along with the cilantro (including some of the stems – the most flavorful part!).
2) Toss the herbs and celery together with desired amount of sesame vinaigrette. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
FOR OUTDOOR GRILLING:
1) Take your prepared meat, bok choy, scallions along with the spicy noodle sauce to your preheated grill.
2) Place bok choy and scallions on the grill perpendicular to the grates. Once the vegetables are charred and softened – go for those gorgeous grill marks!), gently transfer to the sheet pan and drizzle with a bit of the spicy noodle sauce. Set aside.
Continues on the back…
3) Give the grill a quick clean, then place the short ribs over the hottest part of the grill. It won’t take long to get a nice quick char – just a few minutes on each side. Then head back inside with your delicious spread!
FOR INDOOR COOKING:
1) Preheat the broiler to high and heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. This is a good time to turn on your hood vent!
2) Sear the ribs in the skillet quickly until well browned, turning once.
3) Slide the bok choy and scallions under the broiler until wilted and a little charred. Drizzle vegetables with a bit of the spicy noodle sauce.
1) Warm the jasmine rice with the lid slightly askew in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until steaming hot. Transfer to a bowl and fluff with a fork before serving.
2) Transfer the kimchi, gochujang aioli, and any remaining sesame vinaigrette and spicy noodle sauce to serving dishes and set on the table. Don’t forget the celery & herb salad in the fridge!
Chef’s Tip: Enjoy layering all of the smoky, spicy and sweet flavors of the ribs and kimchi over the rice with lots of gochujang aioli on top!
1) Divide coconut panna cotta into small bowls and serve.
K&M Kalbi Short Ribs (short ribs, k+m ginger scallion sauce [tamari, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, water, garlic, scallions, ginger]), K&M Sesame Vinaigrette (rice vinegar, canola oil, tamari, sugar, sesame oil, fresh chili paste, sesame seeds, sea salt, black pepper), K&M Spicy Noodle Sauce (tamari, sugar, ginger, garlic, canola oil, fresh chili paste, sesame oil, sesame seeds), K&M Jasmine Rice (jasmine rice, water, canola oil, sea salt), Kimchi (napa cabbage, daikon radish, garlic, green onion, onion, red chili pepper, sugar, salt), K&M Gochujang Aioli (mayonnaise, rice vinegar, canola oil, gochujang chili paste, sugar), K&M Coconut Panna Cotta (panna cotta [coconut milk, heavy cream, sugar, gelatine], topping [pineapple, sugar, espelette, sea salt, sesame seeds]).
milk, egg, coconut, wheat, soy, sesame