Great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or anytime in between – in our eyes, there is no wrong time for shakshuka! We love this with rustic bread and a simple arugula salad.
|Kitchen Time:||30 minutes|
K&M Pepper Relish
K&M Pomodoro Sauce
K&M Mediterranean Spice Mix
Eggs (1-2 per person)
K&M Rustic Bread
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel and thinly cut onion into half-moons. You should have about 1 cup.
- Heat 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil over medium heat in a large ovenproof skillet. Add onion, 2 tsp minced garlic, and 1.5 Tbsp Mediterranean spice mix. Cook until onions are very soft and lightly browned, and your kitchen smells amazing.
- Add the whole jar of pomodoro sauce and all the roasted pepper relish to the pan and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt & pepper.
- Once sauce is bubbling, make small wells in the sauce and crack the eggs into each well. Don’t worry if this doesn’t look perfect and the eggs spread further than the wells. It will still taste delicious. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle desired amount of feta cheese over eggs and sauce.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until the egg whites are just set about 10-15 minutes (increase the cooking time if you like your egg yolks more set). While the eggs are cooking, toast your rustic bread in the oven or toaster in thick slabs.
- Make sure there is a trivet on the table because this is best served right out of the skillet with bread on the side to scoop up all the sauce. While your eggs are cooking, toast thick slabs of rustic bread in the oven or toaster.