Simple but fancy – this is our take on a traditional steak frites dinner – our shortcut potatoes make this dish a breeze and the compound butter makes all the difference.
|Kitchen Time:||40 minutes|
K&M Chocolate Mousse
- Your choice of Steak (2 portions)
- K&M Shortcut Potatoes (1 package)
- Baby Spinach (about 1 lb)
- K&M Everything Butter
- K&M Basil Parmesan Aioli
- K&M Tuxedo Salt
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Pat steaks dry.
- Place shortcut potatoes on a baking tray and smash them flat using the heel of your hand or bottom of a pint glass. Drizzle well with olive oil and season with generously with salt and pepper and flip to coat with oil and seasoning. Place on the lowest rack of your oven and bake for approximately 20-30 minutes until crispy brown, flipping halfway through.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 2 Tbsp butter and 1 tsp of olive oil. We like a pretty hot skillet for this so go as high as you are comfortable.
- Add steak and cook on first side about 4 minutes until it’s well seared. Then flip steak and cook another 4 minutes or until steak is desired temperature (we recommend pulling at 120°F for medium-rare). Rest, covered, for at least 5 minutes.
- While the steaks are resting, cook the spinach: melt 3-4 Tbsp everything butter in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add spinach while tossing with tongs (you may need to add in batches as it cooks down!). Cook until spinach is wilted. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve slice the steak against the grain and season to taste with tuxedo salt and a few slices of everything butter, if desired. Serve alongside hot crispy potatoes with basil parmesan aioli and sautéed spinach.