This is one of those desserts that is deceptively easy – even on a weeknight! A warm chocolate cake with a gooey center and tart berry sauce is the perfect end to any late winter meal!
|Kitchen Time:||20 minutes|
|Allergens:||milk, eggs, wheat, soy|
Your kit includes:
- K&M Lava Cake Ganache Mix
- K&M Lava Cake Dry Mix
- K&M Raspberry Jam*
- K&M Whipped Cream*
*Already made for you!
- Butter or Baking Spray
Chef’s Tip: To save time and stress, these can be pre-assembled through step 4 and held in the fridge until after dinner. You want to enjoy these right out of the oven so have all your toppings ready!
1) Preheat your oven to 425ºF. Generously grease 4 ramekins, oven-safe mugs, or even a large cupcake tin with butter or baking spray! Set the jam out on the counter to come to room temperature.
2) Remove lid from kraft container and microwave the ganache mix in 10-20 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth and glossy. Set aside to slightly cool.
3) Crack 2 eggs plus 2 additional yolks into a bowl and whisk vigorously until light in color and fluffy (a mixer works great for this!). Gently stir in the dry mix until just combined.
4) Fold the chocolate mix into the batter then split evenly between 4 ramekins.
5) Bake for 8-12 minutes. You are looking for a crust around the edges, the center will still have a slight jiggle to it and look underbaked. These go from molten to overbaked quickly, so start checking after 8 minutes (ovens are unique, and timing may vary. Trust your gut – you know your kitchen and your taste best!).
6) Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes. Invert a plate on the ramekin and carefully flip to pop out, or just enjoy out of the ramekin. Remember, these are HOT (we don’t call them “molten” for nothing!).
7) Stir the jam and drizzle each cake with, top with a dollop of whipped cream, and devour!
K&M Lava Cake Ganache Mix (chocolate [soy lethicin], butter), K&M Lava Cake Dry Mix (flour, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla powder), K&M Raspberry Jam (sugar, raspberries, water, pectin, food starch, citric acid), K&M Whipped Cream (cream, confectioners’ sugar).