Happy Mother’s Day! We’ve created this spectacular and easy-to-prepare brunch to help you celebrate mom and treat her to a decadent homemade brunch! If you want to lighten the cooking load on Sunday morning, many components can be prepared ahead of time. Happy Brunching!
|Kitchen Time:||55 minutes|
Eggs, Milk, Tree Nuts (Coconut) , Soy, Wheat
Your kit includes:
- K&M Ricotta Chèvre
- K&M Chia Yogurt
- K&M Classic Granola
- K&M Cream Scone Mix
- K&M Raspberry Jam
- K&M Whipped Mascarpone
- K&M Thick Cut Bacon Bits
- K&M Mustard Vinaigrette
- Yukon Gold Potatoes
- K&M Breakfast Potato Spice Mix
- Salt & Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- All Purpose Flour
Hot Tip: Pre-heat oven to 400° then start reading!
Chef’s Tip: Make ahead and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Wash and dry the frisée (we love a salad spinner for this!).
- Hand-tear into a salad bowl, top with desired amount of bacon bits, and set aside in the fridge to stay crisp.
- When ready to serve, toss with desired amount of dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
BAKING THE SCONES:
Chef’s Tip: Easy to make earlier in the day! Feel free to pop in the oven to rewarm before serving.
- Follow recipe on scone mix. (These bake at 400°F and can share oven space with the potatoes.)
- Serve warm with butter, jam, and whipped mascarpone!
- Cut washed potatoes into 2-inch pieces. Spread the potatoes on the sheet pan and drizzle with 1-2 Tbsp olive oil and toss with 1-2 Tbsp of the breakfast potato spice mix.
- Bake about 30 minutes until golden brown and crisp, shaking the pan halfway through.
- Remove the parsley leaves from their stems and roughly chop. Set aside for potatoes and frittata.
- Serve potatoes hot with a light sprinkle of chopped parsley.
Chef’s tip: pop the potatoes back in the oven for a few minutes while baking the frittata so everything is hot and ready at the same time!
CHIA YOGURT PARFAIT:
- Slice strawberries. Divide chia yogurt into small bowls. Top with sliced strawberries and granola.
Chef’s tip: surprise brunch guest? No worries, just add 2 eggs per person to extend the frittata.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F once the potatoes and scones are finished baking.
- Rinse the asparagus and snap off the base of the stems at their natural breaking point. Cut on a bias into 2-inch pieces.
- Slice leeks lengthwise down the center and rinse well (dirt loves to hide between those layers!). Cut into half-rounds (about ½ inch).
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk well. Season with 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in an 8-to-10-inch cast iron skillet or oven-proof pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and asparagus and sauté until the leeks are softened and asparagus is barely al dente.
- Pour eggs over vegetables and let cook undisturbed for two minutes, then dollop spoonfulls of ricotta chèvre on top of the eggs. Transfer the skillet to the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake frittata until the sides are puffed and firm and the center just barely jiggles, about 15 minutes. Remove frittata from the oven (remember, the handle will be hot!).
- Lightly sprinkle with parsley and serve directly from the pan.
K&M Ricotta Chèvre (ricotta, chèvre), K&M Chia Yogurt (yogurt, honey, chia seeds), K&M Classic Granola (oats, almonds, coconut oil, coconut, sugar, cinnamon, sea salt), K&M Cream Scone Mix (flour, sugar, baking powder, sea salt), K&M Raspberry Jam (raspberries, sugar, citric acid), K&M Whipped Mascarpone (mascarpone, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt), K&M Thick Cut Bacon Bits (bacon), K&M Mustard Vinegarette (Dijon mustard, champagne vinegar, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, honey, kosher salt, black pepper, grapeseed oil), K&M Breakfast Potato Spice Mix (sea salt, black pepper, pimentón, onion powder, garlic powder)