We’re bringing you a little taste of Germany with this simple yet extremely delicious sausage skillet meal. Nestle bratwursts, from Uli’s Famous Sausage - Seattle’s very own local German butcher, into pillowy pretzel rolls, which goes perfectly with our Heirloom Potato Salad. Might we suggest pairing this with a couple of lagers? Prost!
|Kitchen Time:||30 minutes|
In Your Kit:
K&M Peppers & Onions
- Uli’s Bratwurst
- Pretzel Buns
- Stone Ground Mustard
- K&M Heirloom Potato Salad
- Salt & Pepper
- Beer - optional
- Heat a large cast iron or heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat with about 2 Tbsp oil. When hot, add the Brats and sear the first side until browned - about 3-4 minutes.
Chef’s Tip: Searing adds tons of flavor - don’t skip this step!
- Using tongs, turn over the brats, add the peppers and onions into the pan, and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the onions have softened and started to brown, and the second side of the brats have seared– another 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, then carefully pour ½ cup of beer or water into the pan and simmer until all liquid has cooked off – about 10 minutes.
- We recommend serving the Brats inside the pretzel rolls, spread with stone ground mustard, topped with peppers, onions, sauerkraut, and the potato salad on the side. Enjoy!