Ready to impress your family?! Ready to impress yourself?! Homemade paella is sure to do just that. We recommend getting your paella going and then prepping your salad while the rice is simmering away. Finish the meal with our chocolate chili mousse – simply scoop and serve!
Type: Complete Dinner Servings: 4 servings Kitchen Time: 90 minutes
A glass of wine!
In your Kit:
Paella rice blend
K&M Chicken Stock
K&M Minced Garlic
K&M Marinated Artichokes
K&M Fried Shallots
K&M Market Vinaigrette
K&M Chili Chocolate Mousse
K&M Marinated Olives
- Salt & Pepper
- White Wine (Optional)
- Enjoy the marinated olives and quiqos as your tapas while cooking!
Chef’s Note: No paella pan? No problem! Any 10-12 inch skillet with at least 2 inch sides will work. If your skillet is too large to fit on one burner, don’t panic! Simply rotate the pan occasionally throughout the cooking to help ensure even heat. Better yet, cook over a BBQ or gas grill on medium heat (bonus points if you have sangria in-hand)!
1. Take the time to gather all of the ingredients for this dish –future you will be grateful!
2. Dice the bell pepper and onion into ¼ - ½ inch pieces. Slice the chorizo into 1 inch pieces.
3. Heat ¼ cup olive oil over medium-high heat in a paella pan or large skillet. Add the peppers and onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic, chicken, and cut chorizo and stir to incorporate all of the flavors. Cook an additional 4 minutes until there is a little color on the chicken and the onion and pepper mixture is very well cooked, adjusting the heat as necessary to avoid burning.
5. Stir in the rice and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
6. Add ½ cup white wine or water to loosen the yummy bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour the stock over everything and shake the pan to even out the rice layer (it is important for all of the rice to be submerged in broth to cook properly). Give the dish a quick stir to remove any rice from the meat and incorporate back into the broth. Bring the pan to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain a low simmer while leaving the pan uncovered.
7. Allow paella to cook undisturbed until you can see the top of the rice emerge from the broth, approximately 20-25 minutes, rotate the pan if needed.
8. While the rice is cooking, get ahead on your garnishes! Slice the lemon into wedges. Rinse, pick and chop the parsley. Assemble the salad (instructions below).
9. Nestle the prawns into the rice – no need to peel, we prefer cooking with the shell on for the best flavor! Cook for a few minutes, then give them a flip for even cooking.
10. Top paella with peas and artichokes and continue to cook until there is no liquid left in the bottom of the pan, about 10-15 minutes. Listen for the rice lightly frying on the bottom – you don’t want to burn it, but a little crust, or socerrat, is desirable!
11. Remove paella from heat and cover with a lid or clean towel for 5 minutes to rest. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve family-style with lots of lemon wedges!
1. Slice the radishes and add to arugula in a serving bowl.
2. Dress with desired amount of market vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
3. Top with fried shallots and serve!
CHILI CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
1. Divide the chili chocolate mousse into serving dishes and enjoy!
K&M Marinated Olives (mixed olives, olive oil, orange, garlic, bay leaves, chili flake, rosemary, fennel), Quiqos (corn, sunflower oil, sea salt), Paella Rice Blend (bomba rice, saffron, pimenton, sea salt, bay leaf), K&M Slow Simmered Chicken Stock (water, chicken bones, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme, parsley, bay leaf, sea salt), K&M Marinated Artichoke Hearts (artichoke hearts, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, chive, garlic, sea salt), K&M Market Vinaigrette (red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, garlic, sea salt, black pepper), K&M Chili Chocolate Mousse (heavy cream, chocolate chips, egg yolks, sugar, brandy, cinnamon, cayenne, flake salt).
milk, eggs, shellfish