The perfect vegetable side – even the kale hesitant crowd will get into this one! This is great served with everything from our whole roasted French market chicken or on top of creamy polenta!
|Kitchen Time:||20 minutes|
- Lacinato Kale (1 bunch)
- 1 Onion
- K&M Roasted Pepper Relish
- Olive Oil
- White Wine
- Salt & Pepper
- Strip the kale greens off the stems and slice into 1” ribbons. Peel and slice the onion into ½” ribbons, to make about a ½ cup.
- In a large sauté pan with a cover, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil to a shimmer over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened and your kitchen smells great. Add sliced kale, 2 pinches of salt, and ¼ cup white wine (or water). Cover and cook until wilted but still bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add all the roasted pepper relish and continue cooking until the flavors have melded and liquid is reduced, another 3-5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Chef’s Tip: If you like a softer kale, increase cook time to about 10 minutes.