The ultimate comfort meal elevated with the help of our favorite Seattle makers and our savory fruit compote. With a bowl of our velvety tomato bisque and a delightfully simple salad, this quick night meal is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
|Kitchen Time:||20 minutes|
|Pairs Great With:||Salted Carmel Chocolate Mousse|
Your kit includes:
Grand Central Bakery Como Bread
Beecher's Flagship Cheese
K&M Savory Fruit Compote*
K&M Rustic Tomato Bisque*
K&M THE Green Salad*
*Already made for you!
Butter or mayonnaise
- Salt & pepper
1) Preheat a large skillet or griddle to medium-low heat.
2) Shred cheese using the large holes of a box grater or cut into thin slices. Prepare each sandwich by smoothing compote onto one side of the bread and layering with cheese.
3) Spread softened butter on the outer sides of the bread. Toast until golden brown, then flip with a spatula, adding more butter if needed!
Chef’s Tip: Now hear us out… smoothing on a light layer of good mayonnaise to the outside of the bread crisps up even better than traditional butter!
4) While the sandwiches crisp and crackle, bring the bisque to a simmer on the stovetop.
5) Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and toss with the desired amount of dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
6) To serve, slice the sandwiches in half (triangles… rectangles… you decide!), ladle bisque into bowls with a good crack of freshly ground pepper, and serve with the salad tableside. Enjoy!
K&M Savory Fruit Compote (apple, cranberry, onion, garlic, rosemary, apple cider vinegar, sugar, grapeseed oil, sea salt, chili), K&M Rustic Tomato Bisque (tomatoes, cream, onion, extra virgin olive oil, butter, garlic, water, celery seed, chili flake, black pepper, oregano, sugar, sea salt), K&M THE Green Salad (signature salad mix [romaine, arugula], cherry tomatoes, shaved parm, tuxedo salt, market vinaigrette [red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, garlic, kosher salt, pepper]).