Our new fragrant Red Thai Curry is loaded with ginger scallion chicken and sauteed vegetables before being scooped onto our shortcut jasmine rice. Lots of Thai basil brightens this savory takeout classic!
|Kitchen Time:||40 minutes|
- K&M Ginger Scallion Chicken Thighs
- Thai Basil
- Lacinato Kale
- K&M Thai Red Curry Base
- K&M Jasmine Rice
- K&M Fried Shallots
Vegetable Oil or Coconut Oil
1) Cut chicken into 2-inch cubes and set aside.
2) Slice mushrooms into quarters or halves, depending on size. Slice the lime into wedges, setting aside in a small bowl for garnish.
3) Rinse and pat dry the Thai basil and kale. Pick the basil leaves from the stem and strip the kale leaves from the tough center stalk. Trim the bottoms from the kale stalks, then chop into bite-sized pieces. Stack and roll the leaves, and slice into thin strips.
4) Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a large pot over high heat. Add the chicken and chopped kale stalks with a pinch of salt. Add mushrooms and sliced kale leaves. Sear for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Pour in the red curry base and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and gently stir in Thai basil.
6) Warm the jasmine rice in the microwave with the lid askew until steamy. Fluff with a fork.
7) Serve curry over portioned rice with fried shallots and a squeeze of lime.
K&M Ginger Scallion Chicken Thighs (chicken thighs, k+m ginger scallion sauce [tamari, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, water, garlic, scallions, ginger], sea salt), K&M Red Thai Curry Base (coconut oil, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, carrot, onion, coriander, gochujang [red chili pepper flakes, glutinous rice, fermented soybeans, and salt], coconut milk, salt, may ploy red curry paste [green chili, garlic, shallot, lemongrass, salt, galangal, shrimp paste, kaffir lime peel, coriander seed, pepper, cumin, turmeric]), K&M Jasmine Rice (jasmine rice, sea salt, canola oil).
soy, sesame, shellfish