Take a trip to the rolling hills of the Italian countryside with our Tuscan Feast! This bountiful meal is perfect for grilling, but the bold flavors will transport you even if you’re cooking inside. Pop open your favorite Sangiovese and sprinkle on a little extra shaved parmesan just like your Nonna taught you!
|Kitchen Time:||50 minutes|
In your Kit:
- K&M Cortina’s Risotto Starter
- K&M Garlic Parmesan Compound Butter
- Shaved Parmesan
- K&M Broccolini with Garlic Rosemary Paste
- K&M Thick-Cut Pork Chops OR K&M Everyday Bavette Steak
- K&M Marinated Olives
- K&M Cold Brew Tiramisu
- Salt & Pepper
- White Wine (Optional)
GARLIC PARMESAN RISOTTO:
Add risotto base to a medium pan with a lid and break apart with a wooden spoon. Add ¼ cup white wine (optional) or water and bring to a simmer, cooking until the liquid is almost absorbed. Then add 1 cup water and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until absorbed and the rice is cooked.
Chef’s tip: if you like your risotto a little al dente, start with just ½ cup of water and add more according to your taste.
Stir in the compound butter and half of the parmesan cheese. Pop on the lid to keep warm while preparing the rest of the meal. Just before serving, you may stir in a little more little more water to loosen the texture a bit!
1) Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
2) Toss broccolini with 2-3 Tbsp olive oil and ½ tsp salt and spread on a sheet pan. Roast in the oven for 12-18 minutes until tender. Toss with one container of garlic rosemary paste and return to the oven for 2-3 more minutes.
THE MAIN EVENT:
1) Smear pork chops or steak with the remaining container of garlic rosemary paste.
2) Is the weather outside nice? Then get out there and grill! If you’ll be staying inside, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter together in a large oven-safe pan over medium heat.
3) Sear the meat 3-5 minutes per side until beautifully browned. Check the temperature with a meat thermometer (we like our steak cooked to 135ºF for medium-rare and pork at 145ºF for medium). If it isn’t up to temperature quite yet, pop the whole pan into the oven for a few minutes to finish.
1) Toss arugula with a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of your best olive oil.
2) Season with salt and pepper and top with the remaining shaved parmesan.
3) Enjoy the marinated olives as a snack while cooking or on the table with dinner!
1) Divvy up and devour the tiramisu with your favorite post-dinner digestivo!
K&M Thick-Cut Pork Chops (pork chops, sea salt, black pepper) OR K&M Everyday Bavette Steak (bavette steak, sea salt, black pepper, thyme), K&M Cortina’s Risotto Starter (arborio rice, water, onion, butter, garlic), K&M Garlic Parmesan Compound Butter (butter, parmesan, garlic, parsley, sea salt, cayenne), K&M Broccolini with Garlic Rosemary Paste (broccolini, garlic, olive oil, rosemary, sea salt), K&M Marinated Olives (mixed olives, extra virgin olive oil, orange zest, garlic, rosemary, bay, fennel seed), K&M Cold Brew Tiramisu (mascarpone, cream, ladyfingers, sugar, Armistice cold brew coffee, egg yolk, brandy, cocoa powder).
milk, eggs, wheat