Fresh pasta, crispy chicken, melted mozzarella and the perfect tomato sauce make for a family favorite and a great “quicknight” dinner.
|Kitchen Time:||45 minutes|
- K&M Chicken Tenders (1 lb)
- K&M Fresh Bucatini (8 oz)
- K&M Pomodoro Sauce
- Fresh Mozzarella (4 oz)
- Shaved Parmesan (1/2 cup)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place chicken tenders on a parchment lined sheet pan and drizzle with 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil. Bake chicken to a golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, bring a large pot of generously salted water to a robust boil (we recommend 2 Tbsp of salt per gallon of water).
- Drain and slice mozzarella into thin slices. Heat 1 ½ - 2 cups pomodoro sauce on the stove top or in the microwave.
- Carefully remove sheet pan from oven and layer chicken with a spoonful of the tomato sauce and the mozzarella slices. The rest of the sauce is for your pasta! Return sheet pan to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes until the cheese is fully melted and the chicken is cooked through (165ºF).
- Meanwhile, gently loosen the pasta by shaking it and discard any excess semolina that may fall off. Add pasta to boiling water. (This is a fresh, artisanal pasta so it will cook in about 3-4 minutes). Boil the pasta until it is cooked al dente (a slight chewy bite in the middle) then strain water and transfer pasta immediately to your serving dish. Drizzle with a little olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking, if desired.
- Top pasta with remaining pomodoro sauce and the chicken parmesan. Cover all with shaved parmesan and serve!