There’s no better quick family dinner than this classic! Fresh, locally made pasta from Chef Ethan Stowell is topped with our hand-breaded chicken, melty mozzarella, and perfectly balanced tomato sauce. A simple side salad ensures there’s even something green on the table!
|Kitchen time:||30 minutes|
IN YOUR KIT:
- K&M Hand Breaded Chicken Tenders
- K&M Pomodoro Sauce
- K&M X Ethan Stowell at Home Fresh Bucatini
- K&M Signature Salad
- K&M Shaved Parmesan
- K&M Market Vinaigrette
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place chicken tenders on a parchment-lined sheet pan and drizzle with about 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil. Bake chicken to a golden brown - about 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, bring a large pot of generously salted water to a robust boil (it should taste like the sea!).
- Heat the pomodoro sauce on the stovetop or in the microwave. Drain and thinly slice the mozzarella.
- Carefully remove the sheet pan from the oven and layer each chicken tender with a spoonful of sauce, then top with mozzarella (the rest of the sauce is for your pasta!). Return the sheet pan to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, and the chicken is cooked through to 165ºF - about 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, gently loosen the bucatini by shaking it to discard any excess semolina that may fall off, then add pasta to the boiling water. This is fresh, artisanal pasta so it will cook in only 3-4 minutes for al dente (a slight chewy bite in the middle). Strain water and transfer pasta immediately to a wide serving dish, then toss with the remaining sauce.
- Place the salad in a serving bowl with half the shaved parmesan, dress with desired amount of market vinaigrette, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken on top of the pasta, with the salad and remaining parmesan tableside! Enjoy!