Couldn’t be simpler, delicious every time! You’ll simply roll the dough, toss in your fruit, fold up the edges, and get it into the oven for baking.
|Kitchen Time:||60 minutes|
K&M Pâte Brisée
K&M Magic Pie Spice
Any Fruit (1-2 lbs)
K&M Whipped Cream or Ice Cream!
- All Purpose Flour
- Coarse Sugar (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pâte brisée into a circle about 14 inch round. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes while preparing your fruit.
- Cut fruit into 1-2” chunks or wedges (slices are great for things like apples and pears). Toss with 1/3 cup magic pie spice.
- Pile fruit mixture (and any remaining magic pie spice from the bottom of the bowl) in the center of the pastry circle leaving a 2-3 inch edge of dough. Pinch fold the pastry up and around the fruit leaving the center exposed.
- Brush dough with a touch of water and sprinkle crust with coarse sugar, like demerara (optional).
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven until the crust is a deep golden and the liquid around the fruit is bubbling; 45-60 minutes depending on your oven and the fruit. Don’t fret if your fruit is juicy and a fruit lava flow emerges from your crust while baking. It will still be delicious!
- Allow galette to cool slightly before serving with whipped cream (or ice cream!).
Chef’s Tip: This recipe works with almost any fruit! We love the addition of an herb, or some fresh grated ginger to our galettes.