|Kitchen Time:||15 minutes active, the rest is simmer time!|
K&M Cornbread Mix
- Ground Beef or Turkey (1lb.)
- K&M Pomodoro Sauce
- K&M Cumin Pinto Beans
- Red Bell Pepper
- Poblano or Green Pepper
- K&M Minced Garlic
- Sazón Español Spice Mix
- 1 Onion
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Olive Oil
- Beer (Optional)
- Medium dice (about ½ inch) all the onion and peppers.
- Brown beef in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally to avoid beef sticking (if using turkey start with 2 Tbsp oil in the pan). Halfway through cooking the meat, add onions and peppers along with 2 Tbsp sazón español spice mix and 1 Tbsp minced garlic. Stir well and continue to sauté until the veggies have softened and your kitchen smells amazing (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add the full jar of pomodoro sauce, all the pinto beans (no need to drain) and ½ bottle of beer (the rest is for you!) or ½ cup of water.
- Bring chili to a boil then cover and reduce to a simmer with the lid ajar, for 1 – 1 ½ hours or until it has thickened to desired consistency.
- While chili is cooking, prep your toppings: thinly slice scallions and jalapeño in rings and lay everything out in small bowls. Serve chili family style with toppings on the side. We also recommend cheddar cheese, cilantro, sour cream and K&M taqueria pickles!
Follow steps 1-3 using the sauté setting, then cover and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes and let pressure release naturally.
Follow steps 1-2 on the stove top then transfer the browned beef to your slow cooker. Add the beans, pomodoro sauce & beer and cook on high or low setting depending on how much time you have!
Chef’s Tip: This chili is on the gently spiced side so if you’re looking for more heat, we suggest including a jalapeño with the other peppers while you cook the chili or add a pinch of cayenne!
Ingredients: Pomodoro Sauce (tomatoes, onion, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, sugar, oregano, sea salt, chili flakes), Cumin Pinto Beans (pinto beans, onion, garlic, canola oil, cumin, sea salt)