This weeknight take on Korean Barbeque is one of our most popular meals. The sauces add great heat and depth of flavor – so drizzle away!
|Kitchen Time:||20 minutes|
|Allergens:||Eggs, Wheat, Soy, Sesame|
|Pairs Great With:||Coconut Panna Cotta|
Your kit includes:
- K&M Kalbi Short Ribs
- K&M Spicy Noodle Sauce*
- K&M Jasmine Rice
- K&M Gochujang Aioli*
- Baby Bok Choy
*Already made for you!
- Preheat your grill to high heat (500ºF) or your broiler to high. Remove the ribs from packaging and gently pat dry with a paper towel. Place on a baking sheet, lightly brush with oil, and set aside.
- Slice bok choy in half lengthwise and rinse well (dirt loves to hide between those layers!), then pat dry. Place halved bok choy and the scallions on another baking sheet. Drizzle with 1-2 tsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
FOR OUTDOOR GRILLING:
1) Take your prepared meat, bok choy, scallions along with the spicy noodle sauce to your preheated grill.
2) Place bok choy and scallions on the grill perpendicular to the grates. Once the vegetables are charred and softened – go for those grill marks! Gently transfer to the sheet pan and drizzle with a bit of the spicy noodle sauce.
3) Give the grill a quick clean, then place the short ribs over the hottest part of the grill. It won’t take long to get a nice quick char – just a few minutes on each side. Then head back inside with your delicious spread!
FOR INDOOR COOKING:
1) Preheat the broiler to high and heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. This is a good time to turn on your hood vent!
2) Sear the ribs in the skillet quickly until well browned, turning once.
3) Slide the bok choy and scallions under the broiler until wilted and a little charred. Drizzle vegetables with a bit of the spicy noodle sauce.
1) Warm the jasmine rice with the lid slightly askew in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until steaming. Transfer to a bowl and fluff with a fork before serving.
2) Transfer gochujang aioli and any remaining spicy noodle sauce to serving dishes and set on the table.
Chef’s Tip: Enjoy layering all of the smoky, spicy and sweet flavors of the ribs and bok choy over the rice with lots of gochujang aioli on top!
K&M Kalbi Short Ribs (short ribs, k+m ginger scallion sauce [tamari, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, water, garlic, scallions, ginger]), K&M Spicy Noodle Sauce (tamari, sugar, ginger, garlic, canola oil, fresh chili paste, sesame oil, sesame seeds), K&M Jasmine Rice (jasmine rice, water, canola oil, sea salt), K&M Gochujang Aioli (mayonnaise, rice vinegar, canola oil, gochujang chili paste, sugar).