You’ll be obsessed with our take on Kalbi, aka Korean BBQ short ribs. It is one of our most popular meals for a good reason. The sauces add a little heat and depth of flavor – so drizzle away
egg, wheat, soy, sesame
|Pairs Great With:
|Coconut Panna Cotta
IN YOUR KIT:
K&M Kalbi Short Ribs
K&M Spicy Noodle Sauce
Baby Bok Choy
K&M Jasmine Rice
K&M Gochujang Aioli
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the grill or broiler to high heat (500ºF).
- Remove the ribs from packaging and gently pat dry with a paper towel. Place on a baking sheet, lightly brush on a little oil and set aside.
- Slice the bok choy in half lengthwise and rinse well (dirt loves to hide between those layers!), then pat dry. Place the halved bok choy and scallions on another baking sheet. Drizzle with a bit of oil, season with a pinch of salt, and set aside.
FOR OUTDOOR GRILLING:
- Take the ribs, bok choy, scallions, and spicy noodle sauce to your preheated grill.
- Place the bok choy and scallions on the grill perpendicular to the grates – go for those grill marks! Once the vegetables are charred and softened, gently transfer to the sheet pan and drizzle with a bit of the spicy noodle sauce.
- Give the grill a quick clean, then place the short ribs over the hottest part of the grill. It won’t take long to get a nice quick char – about 2-3 minutes on each side. Then head back inside with your delicious spread!
FOR INDOOR COOKING:
- On the stove, heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. This is an excellent time to turn on your hood vent!
- Sear the ribs in the skillet quickly until well browned, turning once.
- Slide the bok choy and scallions under the broiler until wilted and a little charred. Drizzle vegetables with a bit of the spicy noodle sauce.
- Heat the jasmine rice in the microwave with the lid slightly askew until steaming. Transfer to a bowl and fluff with a fork before serving.
- Transfer the gochujang aioli and any remaining spicy noodle sauce to serving dishes and set on the table. Enjoy layering all of the smoky, spicy, and sweet flavors of the ribs and bok choy over the rice with lots of gochujang aioli on top!