We also love this served over rice or over soba noodles as an amazing vegetarian dinner. This makes a great Asian appetizer or side dish too.
|Kitchen Time:||25 minutes|
K&M Jasmine Rice
K&M Spicy Noodle Sauce
K&M Peanut Sauce
1 Eggplant or 2-3 Chinese Eggplants
Scallions (1 bunch)
K&M Fried Shallots
- Sesame or Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Cut eggplant into long wedges or large chunks (about 2-3 inch diameter), removing the stem (you can leave the skin on!). In a large bowl, toss eggplant with 2 tsp of salt, and ¼ - ½ cup of spicy noodle sauce.
- Spread the saucy eggplant out in a single well spaced out layer on the sheet pan.
- Roast 15-25 minutes (until tender and well browned), flipping halfway through for maximum browning!
- While the eggplant is cooking, thinly slice some scallions for a garnish.
- Serve eggplant hot out of the oven with peanut sauce on the side for dipping and garnish with sliced scallions and crunchy fried shallots.
Chef’s Tip: Feeling fancy? Spread the peanut sauce on a serving platter, pile the eggplant atop, sprinkle with scallions and fried shallots, then serve family style.