|Kitchen Time:||45 minutes|
K&M Fresh Rigatoni (1 lb.)
K&M Pomodoro Sauce (24 oz)
K&M Minced Garlic
Ground beef or Turkey! (1 lb.)
Parsley (1 bunch)
Salt & Pepper
- Red Wine
- Chili Flakes (Optional)
- Peel and dice onion (about 1 cup). Rough chop parsley and set aside ½ cup for garnish and ½ cup for the sauce.
- Place a large, heavy bottomed pot (large enough to hold all the sauce and pasta) over medium high heat. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil then add the ground beef to brown, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the diced onion, ½ cup parsley and 1-2 Tbsp garlic (depending on how much you love garlic) and ½ tsp chili flakes (adjust if you are averse to spice or can’t get enough). Cook until onions have softened then add ½ cup red wine and cook until almost all the liquid has absorbed.
- Add the whole jar of pomodoro sauce and continue to simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the meat is cooked through, and the sauce has slightly thickened (about 30 minutes). Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- While the sauce is cooking; bring a large pot of salted water (we recommend 2 Tbsp of salt per gallon of water) to a robust boil.
- When the sauce is ready, add the rigatoni to boiling water. This is a fresh, artisanal pasta so it will cook in about 3-4 minutes. Boil the pasta until it is cooked al dente (a slight chewy bite in the middle) then strain water out and transfer pasta immediately to the sauce. Toss the pasta directly in the pot along with the sauce to meld the flavors.
- Transfer to a serving dish or serve directly from the pot topped with parsley and generous amounts of shaved parmesan!
Chef’s Tip: This dish can be made with any short cut pasta so feel free to adjust based on your favorite shape!