A cheater version of Pad Thai – faster than ordering takeout and just as delicious. This is a favorite for good reason!
|Kitchen Time:||20 minutes|
K&M Peanut Sauce
K&M Roasted Chicken or Tofu (8-10oz)
K&M Sliced Peppers and Onions Mix
K&M Spicy Noodle Sauce
Rice Noodles (2 bundles)
Scallions (1 bunch)
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- Place 2 bundles of rice noodles in a heat-proof bowl. Pour boiling water to cover and allow to sit for 10 minutes then drain, toss with ¼ cup spicy noodle sauce, and set aside.
- Place a large sauté pan or wok over medium high heat (non-stick works great here). Once the pan is hot, add 2 Tbsp oil and sauté bell pepper and onion mix until just tender and beginning to brown. Then add the roasted chicken or tofu and toss to combine.
- Crack eggs into a dish and whisk to combine.
- Push everything to the side of the pan, add a little more oil and scramble the eggs in the bottom of the pan until just set.
- Quickly add the spicy noodles and ½ cup of peanut sauce and toss to combine (tongs are great here).
- Transfer to a serving dish and top generously with toasted peanuts, sliced scallions, and lime wedges.
Chef’s Tip: This dish is easy to adjust based on preferences, love broccoli in your pad thai, feel free to add! Prefer shrimp? By all means, swap it in place of the chicken or tofu!