Our risotto is made simple with our Cortina’s starter risotto base, garlic parmesan compound butter, a touch of white wine, and mushrooms and fresh parmesan cheese but don’t be fooled, you’ll feel fancy setting this on the table!
|Type:||Entrée or Side Dish|
|Kitchen Time:||25 minutes|
K&M Arugula Salad
K&M Cortina’s Starter Risotto Base
Mushroom Medley (1 pint basket)
K&M Garlic Parmesan Butter
Grated Parmesan (1/2 cup)
- Olive Oil
- White Wine
- Peel and finely mince shallot.
- Brush any excess dirt off the mushrooms and slice chives (about ¼ cup) setting aside for a garnish.
- In a large pan over medium heat, and 3 Tbsp olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook until they start to brown, then add your minced shallot and cook until shallots are translucent, and the mushrooms are browned (about 3-5 minutes). Remove mushroom-shallot mixture and set aside.
- Without cleaning the pan, add Cortina’s starter risotto base and break apart with a wooden spoon. Add ¼ cup of white wine. Bring to a simmer and cook until the wine is almost all absorbed. Then add 1 cup water; continuing to cook (stirring occasionally) until the liquid is absorbed and the rice just tender.
- Turn heat off and stir in 4 Tbsp garlic parmesan butter and ¼ cup grated parmesan.
- Fold the mushrooms and shallots, as well as any juices they have released, into the risotto. Transfer to a serving dish and top with another ¼ cup grated parmesan and chopped chives.
Chef’s Note: If you like your risotto more al dente, start with just ½ cup of water and add more according to your taste.