Autumn wouldn't be complete without a warm bowl of risotto. We look forward to this version with butternut and delicata squash every year! A lovely vegetarian entrée for two or a perfect side dish for four, plus leftover squash soup for lunch!
|Type:||Entrée or Side|
|Servings:||2 (Entrée) - 4 (Side)|
|Kitchen Time:||30 minutes|
|Active Time:||15 minutes|
Roasted Chicken, Steak or Pork
In Your Kit:
- K&M Cortina’s Risotto Starter
- K&M Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- K&M Garlic Parmesan Compound Butter
- Delicata Squash
- Grated Parmesan
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- White Wine (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Halve and remove seeds from the delicata squash. Cube into about ¾ inch pieces and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and about 1 tsp salt. Roast until tender and browned - about 20-25 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, add the risotto starter into a large pan over medium heat and break apart with a wooden spoon. Carefully pour in ½ cup white wine (or water) and simmer until the liquid is almost absorbed.
Chef’s Tip: If you like your risotto more al dente, start with ½ cup of water and add more according to your taste.
- Carefully pour in 1-1½ cups of roasted butternut squash soup, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed, and the rice is tender - about 5-10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and stir in about 3-4 Tbsp compound butter. Fold in half of the roasted squash. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with ½ cup parmesan, remaining roasted squash, and ¼ cup pepitas. Enjoy!